Friday, April 5, 2013

Look Whoo's Having Two - Twins Gender Reveal Party


Happy Friday! I've been so excited to share with you all a recent twins gender reveal party I had the opportunity to help with, and today's the day! My friend Jennifer and I teamed up to create one fun and colorful dessert table for Jennifer's good friend who is having twins! Jennifer did all the table decorations and I provided the sweets. The theme was "Look Whoo's Having Two" with pink and blue owls on the invite. We brainstormed and came up with the idea of doing shades of pink and blue and having owl fondant cake toppers to embellish the cakes.

The table was the focal point as guests arrived so it needed to be bright and and cheery and really pop. The center featured two cake displays made from boxes with colored wrapping paper and coordinating ribbons. The cakes were identified as "a" and "b", one for each baby. Cupcakes and cookies were also served along with bags of popcorn for all the anxious guests to enjoy before the cakes were cut. Before the cakes were cut the guests were encouraged to place their guess by circling the colored pair of owls on the invitations that were sent out...pink/blue, two pink, two blue!

I hope you're inspired by this special party and be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to find out the big "reveal"!






















And the big reveal....


Twin GIRLS! I didn't actually attend the party so I wasn't able to see the mama to be cut the cakes. However I did snap a shot of the behind the scenes while I was baking. They're both PINK!

Have you ever been to a gender reveal party before or had a gender reveal party held in your honor? What was the theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails